Contact us for advice if you experience discrimination or sexual harassment in:

  • Customer service, such as in shops or from professionals or tradespeople
  • Eligibility for scholarships, awards or prizes
  • Club membership (e.g. sports clubs)
  • Access to public premises
  • Receiving a qualification for a particular occupation
  • Accommodation (e.g. staying in a hotel, buying a house or renting a flat)
  • Dealings with a local council or a government agency.

If appropriate, you can also try speaking to someone like a manager or a club chairperson to see if they can resolve the issue.

Complaints about misconduct by a professional service provider can also be made to the relevant professional body, such as the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (for medical professionals) or the Legal Profession Conduct Commissioner (for legal professionals) and other professional bodies.