If you have experienced discrimination, bullying or sexual harassment at school, there are several ways to deal with it.

Talk to a staff member you trust at school, or ask a parent or guardian to. Schools usually have a contact person for students who need to talk to someone, like a school counsellor.

Make a formal complaint to the school, using the school’s policy if they have one.

If you think you have been discriminated against by your school, or you have been sexually harassed by someone over 16, you can contact the Equal Opportunity Commission.

Sexual harassment complaints against a student aged 16 or over, or a school staff member, can also be made to the Australian Human Rights Commission.

Support services

Kids Helpline

Reach Out Australia